Signature Leadership Orange:
The Program and Application Process
The Signature Leadership Orange program brings outstanding adults, with a variety of backgrounds from across Orange County together to take part in an educational leadership program.
Leadership Orange seeks individuals who:
- Are at least 21 years of age and live and/or work in Orange County.
- Are committed, motivated, and eager to serve in volunteer, appointed or elected leadership roles in Orange County.
- Are able to commit the time and energy to complete the program and continue to serve the community.
- Have demonstrated community or career achievement appropriate to age and experience.
- Represent a cross-section of business, professions, organizations, government, education, socio-economic, ethnic backgrounds, age and geographical areas throughout Orange County.
- Are committed to staying actively involved in the county.
In addition to the opening and orientation, the time commitment includes 10 sessions as well as full participation in a group project completed outside of class. Attendance at all sessions is expected and participants who miss two sessions will need to withdraw from the program without graduating.
Tuition & Scholarships
The Leadership Orange Signature program has a one-time tuition fee of $1,300 and includes all course materials. There are limited scholarships available to those who are able to demonstrate financial need, and the request for scholarship funds has no bearing on the selection process. Once you have completed your application, you will have the opportunity to complete a scholarship application form.
Ready to apply?
Once you complete and submit your application you will receive an email with instructions on next steps. Each applicant is given an interview and at the conclusion of the interview process, the Selection Committee will meet mid-July to select the new class. Candidates will be notified shortly thereafter on their acceptance. Applications must be submitted no later than June 15th of each year.
Junior Leadership Orange:
The Program and Application Process
The Junior Leadership Orange Program (JLO) is designed for eighth-grade students who have been identified as up-and-coming youth leaders either within their school or through extracurricular activities. JLO strives to bring together a diverse group of promising young leaders and “outside-the-box” thinkers so they can have the opportunity to learn and grow from one another. Over the course of the school year, students will be provided with the foundational knowledge and skills necessary to foster a sense of civic leadership and an interest in community building.
Before applying, we ask that you carefully consider the following important points:
- To participate, students will miss seven school days over the course of the school year. Any academic work missed while taking part in this program must be made up.
- This is a participatory, interactive program. You will be expected to be an ACTIVE participant, taking part in conversations, interactive games, etc.
Applications open in March and close mid-May. Before the Selection Committee reviews the applications, any information identifying the youth (other than school district) is removed from the application. This is what we call a “blind process” and is intended to ensure that the selection process is unbiased and gives each student an equal opportunity to participate in the program. A maximum of thirty-eight students are accepted into the Junior Leadership Orange program each year, and we strive to have representation from all school districts in Orange County. This is a highly selective process, and all applicants are notified by the end of June if they have been accepted.
Employers are investing in the future of their business and the future of our community when their employees participate in the Signature Leadership Orange program. By encouraging and supporting an employee to join Leadership Orange, you are nurturing our future leaders and providing them with skills and training essential to success both in the work environment and Orange County.
By participating in Leadership Orange, your employee will:
- Gain confidence
- Expand leadership capabilities
- Increase their understanding and importance of teamwork
- Develop problem-solving and communication skills
- Build lasting professional connections
- Learn the importance of giving back to the community
- Expand and discover new skills and talents
A stronger employee leads to a stronger team especially when they are in the lead. Show your employees that you believe in them. Send a candidate to Leadership Orange today. Make an investment in their future, your future and our future together.