Leadership Orange Signature Program
Each year, Leadership Orange selects a diverse group of outstanding adults who either live or work in Orange County to take part in an educational leadership program. Over a 10-month period, class participants receive training on topics important to the residents and businesses of Orange County, including education, planning and infrastructure, health and human services, government and politics, quality of life, economic development, leadership development, project management, and the judicial system. This training provides participants with an in-depth understanding of the many challenges and opportunities within Orange County and thus enables them to better serve their own communities going forward.
Beginning in September, classes meet on the first Wednesday of every month and graduate in June. The full-day program includes educational presentations, role-playing, and roundtable discussions. All topics are presented by leaders of Orange County.
The Leadership Orange Signature program has a one-time tuition fee of $1,300. This fee includes all course materials and session lunches. Scholarships are available to those who are able to demonstrate financial need. Selection for the program is competitive and each applicant is evaluated based on a written application and an in-person interview.
Meet the Current Signature Leadership Orange Class
Junior Leadership Orange Program
The Junior Leadership Orange program is a collaboration between the Orange County Youth Bureau and Leadership Orange for exceptional middle school students. Potential leaders are identified in the seventh grade and formal training begins in the eighth grade. The program is designed to provide leadership skills, life skills, career exposure and preparedness to youth who will potentially become the business and community leaders of tomorrow. Junior Leadership Orange effectively engages youth by challenging them to develop skills, gain critical awareness, and act as community advocates.
The Junior Leadership Orange program serves up to thirty-eight youth from sixteen different school districts in Orange County and operates during the academic school year. Students travel together once a month on a school day to various locations in the county to attend interactive educational presentations. They meet with instructors and facilitators from a variety of sectors in leadership positions across Orange County and receive training in several areas including leadership, education and college readiness, the justice system, public speaking and communication, volunteerism, diversity, fiscal literacy, and quality-of-life.
Junior Leadership Orange is provided at no cost to participating students and is currently funded by the TD Charitable Foundation and New York State Office of Children and Family Services through the Orange County Youth Bureau.
Junior Leadership Orange Participating School Districts
- Chester Union Free School District
- Cornwall Central School District
- Florida Central School District
- Goshen Central School District
- Greenwood Lake Union Free School District
- Highland Falls-Fort Montgomery Central School District
- Middletown Central School District
- Minisink Valley Central School District
- Monroe Woodbury Central School District
- Montgomery Montessori School, Montgomery
- Newburgh Enlarged City School District
- Nora Cronin Presentation Academy, Newburgh
- Pine Bush Central School District
- Port Jervis City School District
- San Miguel Academy of Newburgh
- St. John School, Goshen
- Tuxedo Park School, Tuxedo Park
- Tuxedo Union Free School District
- Valley Central School District
- Warwick Valley Central School District
- Washingtonville Central School District